Most neuroendocrine / carcinoid cancer patients have issues with digestion in one way or another. I have found that moving toward a more plant based diet has helped me immensely but today I read another great article from Beth’s Adventure with Carcinoid Cancer. She has focused on eating foods with soluble fiber to help her deal with some of these issues. I have never heard of this and I plan on looking into this more. But for now, I will be trying some of the foods Beth has suggested. Here are some great eating tips from Beth:
Some of the foods that work for me are below:
- eggs (scrambled, soft/hard boiled, omelettes, deviled or egg salad-with light mayonnaise!
- roasted turkey or grilled/rotisserie chicken
- any grilled, baked or broiled fish
- tuna fish sandwiches made with light mayonnaise – sometimes with reduced fat cheese for a tuna melt
- soups that are not cream based – I try to make my own soups rather than eating canned.
- creamy peanut butter and jelly/marshmallow fluff/fig butter (pick one) sandwiches
- crackers with laughing cow light or other low-fat cheese
- fat free feta cheese in my omelette or on my (small) salad
- greek yogurt
Let me know how this works for you. I will keep you posted as I add some of these items into my diet.
Ed – To find out how to use my images on your blog for free – Click Here